Saturday, April 14, 2012

Creativity and Projects

I think some of the time having too many projects can stifle creativity. There are times when I don't do much on anything, because there are too many things out there I want to do.

Right now I've got the fabric bought for a bed scarf for my bed. I bought a special ruler at the last quilt show I went to and I want to try it out. I only allowed myself to buy one ruler there. But I'm not sure that is a quilting direction I want to go in.

And I've got scrap fabric picked out for a small art quilt piece. And I've got a pretty good idea of what I want to do with it, but I don't seem to be able to go and do the next step. It would take me in a totally different direction from the bed scarf.

And, I've been wanting to figure out a way to paint, without using my kitchen table to do it. I planned on taking the table currently holding the sewing machine out to the garage once the new tables arrived, but I've realized that I have a snack table I can use for smaller, less messy, projects right now. In the garage or in the computer room. But I haven't actually set that table up.

And I've gotten a bulletin board from Micheal's, and a second board that is intended to display scrapbook pages. And I bought the fleece to cover the bulletin board, and maybe the scrapbook display board, but I haven't actually done anything about either of them yet.

And a stack of books arrived in the house yesterday. Some by mail order. Two from the library book sale. One from a trip to Tuesday Morning. All pulling me in different directions.

And I got a book through Amazon that I know will jump start a bunch of art projects I've got in the back of my head.

And I'm in the middle of a knitting project. It isn't really part of this project decision because I'm knitting while I'm watching TV. I was careful to pick a project I could do that with. I used to do a lot of things while I watched TV, but mostly that doesn't work anymore.

Time for some choices. Time to make some decisions. There are worse places to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment