Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Reflections

I watched the last House episode last night. They finished it in a way that would make it impossible to ever bring the show back. I can see a way to bring the character back but it would be a totally different show. (If you mind being told what happened, stop reading now.)

He kills himself legally in that program. Not actually. But everyone takes it for granted that the body that is found in a burnt building is him, and maybe he was there at one point. That body gets buried as him. They have his funeral. But we, the audience know, that he has actually taken off for 6 months of adventure with his dying best friend at the end.

Of course, what happens when the six months are over and the dying friend has actually died? What then?

I've been thinking about doors opening and closing in my own life. I was an art student in high school and college, but never worked as an artist. I literally did not pick up a pencil or pen to draw or paint to paint with for 40+ years. There were always creative outlets. I would not have survived without them. Just not painting or drawing. That might be getting ready to change. Or maybe not.

I almost had a chance to learn computer programming when we lived in Phoenix in the late 70s. We moved when Joe's job needed to change and that got put away. Twenty years later I was making my living programming Access databases, totally self taught except for some beginning classes.

Doors open. Doors close. Some of the time doors open again. Strange when you think about it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you ever told me before that you studied art. Wow!

    ReplyDelete