Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Sewing Machine

Last year I bought a gently used sewing machine. It was a step up from what I originally intended to buy, but I wasn't sure if I'd use it or not. At that point there hadn't been a good working sewing machine in the house for at least 15 years, maybe longer. During the last decade I worked I had the energy to go to work and come home and maybe spend some time on the computer or watching TV, but that was it. During the years after retirement when I was taking care of Joe at home, there was even less energy.

Well, it came as a surprise to some extent. I left the sewing machine set up in my bedroom and as a result I actually sewed some every week once I got it home. About a month ago I began to wonder if I had limited myself by not buying a better machine. I ordered one last week and I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

I'm excited about the purchase. I've made a bunch of high level purchases over the last couple of years. Most of them on my own. This one is pure pleasure. A Hyacinth for my soul.

Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment