Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer Flowers - Summer Color

My friend and neighbor Marilyn helped me put my flowers into the ground yesterday. The yard doesn't look as good as it will once the leaves from the Spring Garden die back, but the pictures I took yesterday look pretty good.

This is an overall shot. Not too bad. The plants in the front are day lilies and they will begin to bloom in a week or two. There are a lot of buds on two of the three plants in this area.

There are a bunch of geraniums in three colors, and some begonias near the front door. 

The azaleas are on the other side of the door.








The azaleas are the only bushes put in by the builder that survived. Not sure what was different about these. We weren't able to do what needed to be done to the yard as Joe got sicker and sicker and I was left with a bunch of dead stuff until my daughter began to dig that stuff out and put in what she had available.

You can just see a hint of the geraniums that got planted in the corner.
This is the peony we put in this year. Good thing I took a picture of its flower yesterday because that is already gone.


I'm not sure what the three white bulb things are. They were another of my daughter's choices. Stuff she brought when I wasn't thinking straight. All of the rest of it just died out, but this plant is thriving.


Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment