Sunday, February 17, 2013

On my needles

I've been knitting on the sock. I'm almost to the point where I will turn the heel. I am quite happy with the new set of 5 double pointed needles.

I didn't buy them from one of the luxury companies. I got them from JoAnn's online. And they were amazingly cheap. The quality is fine and they are a pleasure to knit on.

 So here is where I was last week. And the second photo is where I am now.

Neither of the photos show the right color. It is actually lighter than the top photo and lighter than the bottom one.

The yarn is self striping in a rather heathery way. The stripes aren't as obvious in the real sock as they are in the sock in the second photo.

Anyway, so far, so good.

And meanwhile I've bought more sock yarn, and I'm seriously thinking about the hand spun yarn I bought 6 or 7 years ago, before Joe got sick and I stopped doing much of anything.

That yarn was intended for a shawl of some kind. And I've already bought a Craftsy class on how to design a lace shawl.

I think that project is on the horizon, but not just yet.

1 comment:

  1. that's a very pretty blue for the socks I like the way it stripes
    Ann

    ReplyDelete