Bloom is finished. I took its last photo in a chair just because I could photograph it the way it will look when it is hung. It even has a rod pocket on the back. But I'll admit in this photo, it looks like a pillow. I just didn't have any place to hang it properly, and since it is leaving my house for new quarters, that is OK.
I did several new things with this project. I did some beading. I've been wanting to do that for a long time but didn't have the right project for it. I did the embroidery AFTER I did the free motion quilting. That wasn't great because I didn't want the traveling threads to show on the back. I succeeded for the most part, but not totally.
I used a facing on it instead of a binding, and that went extremely well. I will be doing that again with similar projects were a simple zig zag is not appropriate.
I'm pleased with the final result. Which is strange because I gave up on it more than once. This wasn't just setting something aside until I'd gotten the skills to take the next step. I do that a lot and actually have 3 projects rolled up in a corner of my bedroom right now for just that reason.This was just not being happy with what I had and having no idea where to go next.
But it is finished and I'm glad I did that.
Take care all.