Thursday, May 3, 2012

I've been quilting

I've been actively piecing the bed scarf. At this point there are 5 blocks and they have been put together with sashing and there is even sashing on the top of the row of blocks, but not yet at the bottom. I'll be putting borders around the whole thing as well. And at that point I'll take a picture of the "quilt top" and post it.

There will still be the actual quilting to do on the project. I'll quilt this one by machine. Until last year I'd always quilted by hand, but I don't think I've got decades to get projects done anymore, so I'm learning how to quilt by machine.

It will take a while to get to it because I need to do some practice pieces first. In the meantime, I'll go back to the small art quilt and figure out what to do with it. I've got some ideas in the back of my head, but I'm still not sure.

Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment