I've been down with something, not sure exactly what, for a couple of days. It is pretty minor, so it is probably just a cold. Just enough to keep me off the computer most of the time, which is why there are no blogs this week. But here I am with an update to my project.
Just before I got sick I did the borders on my class project quilt. The inner border is what was supposed to be there, a double leaf pattern. The outer border was supposed to be a very elaborate lace border. Frankly, I'm not up to something that extensive at this point, and I didn't like it enough to even try.
It is a funny thing about photographs from a small point and shoot camera and color. The quilt is actually white and purple. The white in this photo is close to accurate. But the purple looks blue.
On this photo, and all the others I took today, the white looks yellow, but the purple border is pretty close to the actual color.
You can see the traveling double leaf pattern pretty clearly in this photo along with a different section of the flowing line outer border.
I've started the echo quilting on all of the feathers and flowers in the body of the quilt. After I finish that I'll be doing the background quilting to make the whole thing pop.
I haven't gone around the dragonfly yet, or the big middle leaves and its flower, but I have done the rest of it.
I'll be quilting again as soon as I feel a bit better.
I'm getting close to finishing this up and that feels pretty good.
This project did just what I hoped it would do. It stretched my skills and I've hit a new level. I've got a major unfinished project I want to quilt and I'm feeling almost ready to do it now.
I'll be linking this to Leah day's Free Motion Quilting Project blog because I've finally gotten to the point where I can follow what she is doing on the project at least some of the time.