Google+ Followers

Friday, October 5, 2012

Making Progress

I've been working on the class project for my free motion class at Craftsy every day. The embellishments on the large elements are now all done. I decided not to put them into the large plume. I've quilted the inner border and I'm now working on the outer border. I ran out of bobbin thread half way through the first side of the outer border, but I can pick up where I left off later today or early tomorrow.

 This is what it looks like right now. When I finish the borders and the corner blocks, I'll be doing some all over quilting in between the elements to make them pop.


I especially enjoyed doing the dragonfly up in the corner. I don't think any of the detail photos I took will show it. Maybe next time around.

You can see it a bit better in the detail photo. I really am pretty happy with how it is turning out.








You can see the leaf border in the detail photo below. Those were fun to do and went pretty quickly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment