Sunday, December 2, 2012

New Camera

I just received my new Olympus camera from QVC. It is what I wanted. A basic camera with fewer bells and whistles but with a lot of zoom. And that is what I got.

My problem is that I have worked out a method of organizing photos that works. I've always put the memory card into a card reader of some sort and moved my files where I wanted them manually. Possibly not the best way, but it has worked for me. But this new camera is also new technology. It has a 4 gig HD memory card and my 2 year old computer's built in card slots can't read that kind of card. It probably didn't exist when the computer was built.

The camera came with three kinds of software. I've installed the first two. One will read the photos and move them, but they go where that program wants them. It also wants to tag the photos. I've been through the while tagging thing twice already with older computers and software I no longer own. I'm not doing that again. Frankly it is a waste of time, and not as useful as people expect it to be.

The second program does look useful. It does photo manipulation and has to be easier to use than Photoshop. Photoshop is a great program, but if you aren't using it on an almost daily basis, you forget how to do things and it is about as intuitive as a rock. But this second program doesn't see the camera. I'm going to call Olympus support tomorrow. They had an email form, but they suggest a phone call instead for the kind of problem I've got. Maybe they have answers. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment