Monday, January 7, 2013

More Piecing

I've put the small square in a square blocks together. With this done, I'm almost finished with the piecing. It has gone remarkably well. I'm getting better and better at quarter inch seams. But I'm also longing to do some wild and crazy improvisational piecing, and I just might let myself do that when this project is finished.

I'm going to have a lot of leftovers from the scraps I made this project from. It might be fun to just see what I can put together that looks like an improvisational painting.
I follow some blogs by Modern Quilters and Art Quilters who are doing the kind of thing I am thinking about. I find that I'd like to play too.

I also intend to cut the bindings for my bed scarf in the next day or two. I'm going to do one new project and one UFO until I get more of the UFOs done. There are a bunch of hidden UFOs in closets and drawers. In some cases I've forgotten they even exist. I probably ought to do some inventory.

That is it for today. Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment