All it needed was to be cut down to mug rug size and zig zagged all around. I think it came out pretty well. But there were some glitches. I wanted to use a specialty thread I haven't been able to find a use for, but because it is variable I couldn't also use it in the bottom. I decided to try a solid color thread in the bobbin. I chose a bobbin thread on the first try, but that just didn't work, so I tried a solid pink and that also didn't work. The differences in weight were what I thought the problem was. So I put the same thread in top and bottom. But when I zig zagged on my tiny sample piece you can see what happened in the upper zig zag sample. It turned out to be the bobbin itself. It wasn't threaded right. I fixed that and got the bottom sample.
The zig zagging turned out pretty well. The thread is normal Coats Dual Duty, which is heavier than most of the thread I've been using lately for both piecing and for free motion quilting.
The two pieces of fabric are exactly the same. The color change happened in the camera.
I also started on the Bamboo pattern on the extra blocks from my table scarf.
I had tried to sew Bamboo on my sample piece. It did not turn out looking like anything I would want on a quilt. So I drew it out until I had gotten the hang of it. I do find that drawing it out helps a lot. All the teachers say to draw it out and they are right.
I've quilted the first of the extra blocks. I'll do the second one and then the ones in the table scarf. And when those are done, I'll start working on the other blocks in the scarf. I've got a pattern for those too.
But one thing at a time!
Take care all.