Thursday, May 2, 2013

This and That for Random Thursday

I'm feeling rather random today. I'm doing laundry this morning. I'm not dressed and it is almost 10 am. I'm resting in between bouts of doing the stuff I need to do, so dressing is waiting.

Spring has sprung in East Central PA. The Lehigh Valley is full of flowers and plants. The trees are blooming. My crab apple has bloomed for the first time in 9 years. It always has some blooms, but this time, the entire tree is blooming. Maybe the hard winter has something to do with that.

As usual I have a wonderful front garden. My daughter has added stuff every year for the last 4 or 5, most recently some perennials she found at a local garage sale. Spring has always been great in the front of the house (the only place where I plant because my community takes care of the rest), Summer, not so much. But either this year or next year that is going to change. We've been working on it for the last two years and I think we just might be done.

But I don't have pictures because my walking just isn't good enough for me to get out there with a camera and take them.

And that is the real bummer. I started walking, bit by bit, with my walker in January. In February I got sick. I got so weak I ended up using a cane full time, even in the house. The walker let me walk further outside than I could without it, but most of the time I was able to just walk. Using a cane all the time just makes me so tired. And so tired means I don't get to enjoy the Spring as much as I expected to. All very frustrating.

Take care all.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your garden is lovely Stella, hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from really random thursday. I am sitting here looking at your blog at 10am and still in my dressing gown. Thrilled that others are like me. Keep plodding on. Life changes constantly and there are surprises. I have linked to my post about mountains, I thought I would never climb another due to my heart - but things change, and I climbed one!! I have faith that it will get better for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that your strength returns soon so you can enjoy the rest of spring.

    ReplyDelete