Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Warm Water

Last month the big project was to replace my water heater and install a water softener. I had a 75 gallon water heater and even when there were two of us living here that was way too much. It wasn't a particularly efficient one either. It kept going on for no good reason to reheat the same water over and over again.

It was replaced with a tankless water heater. I love my new water heater which gives me water that can not run out even when I have company filling bathtubs and doing laundry and loads in the dishwasher all on the same night. And I love my soft water. The haze that has been over everything is slowing disappearing, and it won't be coming back.

The third thing that was installed was a recirculating pump. The runs from the water heater to the sinks are all very long. It used to take as much as 2 or 3 minutes, by the clock, to get warm water out of a faucet in this house. I would turn it on and walk away from the sink. That has changed.

It has taken the better part of a month for it to change, but that isn't the fault of the equipment. It was originally set up for a family that is away from the house all day. I then tried 9 am to 9 pm. At that point I began to have hot water when I needed it, but I'd literally leave the dishes in the sink if it was before 9 or after 9.

This Sunday my daughter changed how the settings were set up. I am up between 5:30 and 11:30 most days. I decided 5 to Midnight was the way to go. I rinsed my toothbrush with hot water for the first time in 9 years on Sunday night. I did it again Monday morning. Such luxury to wash one's hands in warm water.

Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment