Thursday, March 20, 2014

IT HAS BEEN FOUR MONTHS

It has been four months since I blogged. I was still feeling pretty weak in late November and I was in pain until January 31st. That Friday I realized that I had had an almost "normal" day. There was still pain, but it wasn't enough to keep me from walking, moving around and even going out to shop. Each day after that, I looked for the pain to come back, but mostly I just kept getting better.

What I have now is twinges. And I've kept getting more energy. Both the energy to do stuff, and the energy to want to do stuff. Right now I've got the energy to start blogging again. So here is a beginning of a new kind of blog for me.

When I started this blog, it was about grief and quilting. Grief because my husband had died, and quilting because that was the creative outlet I was busy with. The grief has basically resolved itself. I still sometimes get the feeling that I need to get something finished up because Joe is coming home, but then I realize that no, he isn't coming home, and I feel sad for a little while, but then pick up the pieces and go on. There comes a point where you no longer think about the person you have lost first thing every day, and then life goes on, and sometimes you think of them, and sometimes you don't. I'm at that stage.

As for quilting, I haven't been on the machine for 6 months because of fatigue. And right now I don't have a clue as to what I would do with quilting even though I'm beginning to want to do something creative. I've been buying books from Amazon, but they have been all over the place. Still not sure where I go from here, but I've got supplies for multiple crafts and artwork, and it is time to DO SOMETHING. And not just think about it.

Over the next few days I'll be doing some tweaks to the blog itself. If any of my former readers are around, please comment.

Take care all.      

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! I'm sorry you were unwell for so long... hoping that things continue to move in the right direction for you.

    I was encouraged by what you said about grieving. I lost my brother at the end of January (he was 35) and though I don't feel that "punched in the stomach" feeling immediately upon waking up every day now (as I did for the first few weeks), it's still hits me from time to time, still almost daily. Some days it feels like things will never be "normal" again (and I know they'll never be the same "normal") but your words gave me hope that better days will come. Thank you for that!

    As for the blogging and crafting --- I go through spurts as well. Blogging tends to be the first thing to go when life is hectic (which is too often). Find a creative outlet that works for you. And maybe try a whole bunch of things to see what you like best. Quilting (and bag making) seem to be my favorites, but I also have a closet full of different supplies and love when my daughters (ages 7 and 10) challenge me to do something different.

    I look forward to keeping up with your new adventures and watching your blog makeover.

    Sending love and laudbug hugs from South Florida! ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Good to know things are finally turning around for you. Blessings. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought of you often Stella and wondered how you were doing! I'm so glad to see you back! I'm glad that you're feeling better and that the grieving has become less intense. Today is the first day of Spring - a perfect time to look ahead and "walk on"! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stella,
    It is so good to see you back. I am glad you are feeling better physically and emotionally! Nina is right about this being a great time to start something new! The first day of spring! I go through spells where I do not get to blog much and sometimes don't touch my machine for weeks. I started doing English Paper Piecing to have something to do with my hands. Or I knit or crochet. I like that feeling of accomplishment even if it is a small something like a crocheted hat or a hand pieced block. I hope you find a few things to have fun with!
    xo jan @ Sew and Sow Farm

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you are feeling better and getting your energy back! I'm looking forward to seeing how you tweak your blog and what you decide to DO - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wondering how things were progressing for you. I am so glad you are recovering, what a blessing. I have your blog on my "favorite blogs" sidebar. I kept watching it waiting for a new post. I was so excited today when I saw your post! I've missed your posts. I love your creativity and how much you do to keep progressing. I'm looking forward to hearing about your quilting and creative adventures again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see that you are back to blogging and are feeling much better. Maybe the path forward is to just play for a bit with a number of ideas till one catches your fancy.

    ReplyDelete