Monday, April 8, 2013

Doing a Little Knitting

I haven't had the energy to do much in the way of crafting for the last few weeks, but one thing I have managed to do is a little knitting.


It has grown. I think it is actually going to fit this time around. I'm knitting on double zero needles, which are very small using magic loop. I hated magic loop with two socks, but it is fine with just one. last time I measured the sock was 5 1/4 inches long from the toe.

I need to knit until it is 8 inches long and then I can choose a heel. This has been a long journey. It took 3 books and two online classes to get me here. Part of that is just that I wanted to knit a plain vanilla sock. Until I got to the 3rd book, none of the books had a plain vanilla sock. The second online class was plain vanilla, but I'd gone for cuff down socks and it turned out there was a very good reason to try them toe up. You can try on a toe up sock done on a circular needle. It is a lot harder to try on a cuff down sock done on double pointed needles.

Another problem has been gauge. Even double zero needles aren't quite giving me gauge. The only reason it will work out is that I went down 1 1/2 inches on the measurement instead of only 1 inch.

Take care all


1 comment: